This protocol is intended for all school transport services that take students from the various bus stops to the school itself, as well as for any non-regular transport services.
Given the current epidemiological situation brought about by the spread of Covid-19 and the possible effects that this may have, Grup Gamón has drawn up a contingency plan to ensure the quality and continuity of its professional services. The aim of this plan is to safeguard, at all times, the health and safety of our passengers and employees, while applying the different protective and preventive measures set forth in the Assessment Plan and in the Preventive Action Plan.
The safety and confidence of our passengers are of the utmost importance to us. To ensure these two key things, Grup Gamón is applying the following protective and preventive measures:
- DRIVERS AND ACCOMPANYING STAFF WILL BE EQUIPPED WITH PPE AND ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE APPLIED:
- Drivers and accompanying staff must wear FPP2 face masks at all times during the journey.
- Gloves must be used when there is a risk of coming into contact with fluids.
- A hydroalcoholic hand gel authorised by the Spanish Health Ministry will be provided.
- All GRUP GAMÓN staff have been duly informed of the preventive and protective measures in application that are conceived to stop the spread of Covid-19. The instructions set forth in the company protocol have also been explained to them.
- All GRUP GAMÓN staff have been duly informed and trained on all matters concerning Covid-19, guaranteeing the proper application of corrective, protective and preventive measures to avoid further infections of Covid-19.
- MANDATORY FOR PASSENGERS:
- Passengers must wear a face mask at all points during the journey.
- Students must remain in the same seat during the journey, where possible, to avoid crossovers between different ‘bubble’ groups.
- Students should take their rucksacks onto the bus with them, placing them between their legs or underneath their seats.
- If the student has fever, he/she will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Stop changes should only be made when these are deemed essential.
- Students should form an orderly queue at the bus stop, being sure to respect social distancing measures. They should queue in a straight line, making sure that they do not occupy the entire pavement.
- DISINFECTION AND PREVENTION PROTOCOL:
- Drivers and accompanying staff must clean their hands with the disinfectant hand gel provided.
- Face masks must be worn at all times during the journey.
- Staff should make an effort to ensure that all passengers are wearing face masks.
- At the end of each journey, the bus will be disinfected with a spray that has been authorised and issued by the Spanish Ministry of Health, ensuring that all surfaces, seats and compartments have been duly disinfected.
- Buses will also be regularly cleaned and disinfected with a product that acts as a fungicide, bactericide and viricide, which has demonstrated efficacy against Covid-19 and which has been authorised by the Spanish Ministry of Health.
- All buses have been fitted out with an air purification system that starts working automatically as soon as the engine is turned on. This system improves the quality of air inside the bus by raising the concentration of oxygen to healthy levels. It also neutralises microorganisms, germs and allergens, since it removes biological contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, moulds and germs, thus reducing the risk of infection and eliminating bad smells. The main objective of these systems is to reduce possible infections amongst passengers by permanently recycling the air within the bus. Those vehicles that cannot be fitted with an air purification system will be ionised, as well as being disinfected, with an ozone-producing air purifier. These devices work by regenerating the air inside the vehicle, and have been proven to effectively remove viruses and bacteria.
- Once the bus has pulled to a stop at the school, the accompanying member of staff will make sure that students get off and on the bus in an orderly fashion, maintaining social distancing measures at all times while wearing a face mask.
Once the students are on school premises, they will enter the building along the route(s) that are provided for in the directives and instructions issued by the school, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF STUDENTS ON THE BUS ON NON-REGULAR TRANSPORT SERVICES:
Despite the fact that buses are allowed to run at 100% capacity and that the PROCICAT has authorised the transport of people from different bubble groups, GRUP GAMÓN recommends that each bubble group sit in a designated area of the bus. This measure will help to keep each bubble group as isolated as possible, creating a space in which passengers can feel safe and confident.
When return journeys take place less than 48 hours after the original journey, passengers must occupy the same seat as in the outward journey.